In addition to the usual needs of transportation, bikes, especially mountain bikes, also have many other meanings such as for physical training, improving health, protecting the environment, or conquering the roads, difficulties and dangers that nature has created. With the advantages such as personality design, one can move on any terrain from the city to rugged places such as mountainous terrain. Mountain biking is increasingly popular from young to old.
Especially for the men, these mountain bikes are no stranger to them. For strong men, a mountain bike is a companion to conquer dangerous roads or on long trips. That is why there is no shortage of hyper bicycles men's mountain bikes today. However, so that you can choose for yourself the best mountain bikes for men, we will join you to learn about this bike!
The one thing mountain bikes have in common is very solid. Bicycles have ruffles, thick wheels, large spikes suitable for all terrains. Use daily exercise, fitness training, semi-professional and professional competitions. Different from women's mountain bikes. Men's bicycles are designed to follow the same common standard that has been in existence since its inception. Men's mountain bikes are usually taller with heavier frames and wheels and can be made from a variety of materials without the same restrictions as females.
The mountain bike line is divided into many smaller categories, suitable for each subject as well as specific terrain types, in terms of structure there are two main types: Men's Full-suspension mountain bike and Men’s Hard-tail mountain bike.
1. Men's Full-suspension mountain bike
Full-suspension bicycles are full of front and rear shock absorbers, the bike is ideal for any type of terrain, because they are not designed for specific terrain, quite flexible, and suitable for the purpose. of the masses interested. Full-suspension vehicles are equipped with both front and rear shock absorbers, helping the car to move smoothly and smoothly when crossing uneven terrain. For example, the Schwinn Traxion Mountain Bike, Full Dual Suspension. This bike has Schwinn aluminum dual suspension frame and a powerful Schwinn suspension fork soak up bumps and thumps to provide you a durable riding experience.
However, the biggest disadvantage is that it is not specially designed, so it does not have any outstanding features compared to other vehicles in the same bike family. Another drawback of full-suspension vehicles is that they are quite heavy. However, to conquer the steep roads and difficult terrain, this bike is still the best mountain bike for men.
2. Men’s Hard-tail mountain bike
This bike is lightweight, suitable for off-road, small gravel, and long-distance roads. Because of its lightweight, it is easy to climb. The front fork has a travel of about 80mm - 120mm. In Vietnam, this car is very popular because it can both race and ride around here and there. The car is used well on flat roads, ramps and trails. If you cannot imagine so then you can refer to the Huffy Hardtail Mountain Trail Bike. This bike has a lightweight aluminum hardtail frame is backed by a limited 10-year frame warranty, aluminum provides more rolling momentum so it's easier to pedal for speed and acceleration
However, this model is only suitable for climbing hills and performing short hops, the car is equipped with only a shock absorber at the front.
Last update on 2022-12-01 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
In addition to simply cycling, the cyclist also has to learn very carefully to take care of his "baby", shopping for bicycle accessories to make his bike more and more perfect. However, for newbies, it also has certain difficulties. With a "forest" of mountain bikes today, how to choose the best men's mountain bike that is right for you. If you are new to bicycles, immediately refer to the buying guide below.
1. Wheel size
First, let's talk about the size of the wheel, this size is the diameter of the wheel. There are three popular sizes available today: 26”, 27.5” (650b), and 29”.
- 26 "wheel: The most popular size. This standard is defined starting from the American bicycle company. The 26 "wheel has a rim diameter of about 22" (559mm) and the outside tire diameter is about 26.2 "(665mm). The 26 ”wheel is highly durable, has flexible mobility, is easy to maneuver, but has a disadvantage with bad terrain, and can not grip the larger diameter cake. So if you only go in terrain that is not too rough or the terrain is too bad to move, then 26-inch men's bicycles like the Viribus Adult Mountain Bike with 26 Inch Wheel.
- 29” wheel: A rim diameter of about 24.5” (622mm), and tire diameter of 28.5 ”(724mm) is a common size used in racing bikes (road) and touring bikes. In fact, the terrain bike races for Cross-country (XC) vehicles show that the 29 "wheel is more dominant than the 26" wheel due to its better ability to overcome rough terrain, higher grip ability, The speed is higher, but its disadvantage is that due to its large size, the rim can not be stiffer, the control ability is not more flexible than the smaller wheels. If you want to go with your bike on all kinds of rough terrain we recommend the Schwinn Bonafide Mens Mountain Bike. This is the best mens 29 mountain bike that is currently for sale.
- 27.5" wheel (650b): With a rim diameter of about 23" (584mm), it can be said that 27.5" wheel is an intersection between 26" and 29 "wheels, taking advantage of the flexibility of 26" wheel, suitable for off-road capability of 29” wheel. However, components such as ribs and forks produced for 27.5" wheel are still much less than those for 29" and 26" wheel. If you want a wheel that's as flexible as the 26-inch one and as good off-road as the 29-inch one, don't miss Mountain Bike TSM XX1 21 Speed MTB 27.5 Inches Wheels.
The quality of a sports bike is in the frame structure, normally the frame will be made of materials such as steel, aluminum, carbon, and titanium alloys. Steel and aluminum alloys are the two most used materials because they are cheap, sturdy, and extremely durable, while carbon and titanium are so expensive that they are rarely used to make frames. There are many good quality aluminum alloy frames available today such as the Mongoose Tyax Comp, Sport, and Expert Adult Mountain Bike.
Or if you want your bike to have a firmer frame that can withstand and beat well but is flexible and light, you should check out mountain bikes made of carbon. Royce Union RCF Carbon Mountain Bike is the great example. Because this bike has RCF's premium engineered carbon frame is the top of the category for performance and durability. You can enjoy the benefits of a rust resistant, weather-proof lightweight bike.
3. Your Needs
Although we have quite clearly classified the types of mountain bikes, before deciding to buy you should also ask yourself a few questions such as: what purpose do I buy mountain bicycles for?
Because if your need is to challenge yourself on difficult, bumpy, and rugged terrain, you should choose bicycles with parts that can meet that need. For example, the Full Suspension Mountain Bike 21 speed belongs to the men's full suspension mountain bike range, with a steel frame made of good impact resistance, and 27-inch wheels that are relatively tight on bad terrain. If you just want a bike for fitness and excursions, lightweight aluminum bikes like the 26" Royce Union RTT Mens will fit your needs.
Different from other products. Bicycles can replace spare parts when buying and there are two options for you. One is to buy complete units and the other is to buy individual parts and reassemble. It seems that the first option is currently the choice of the majority of consumers today. Because the second option is only for professionals.
Besides, the prices of bicycles are also segmented based on the material made from the bike. The most expensive is the bike made from titanium alloy that is impact resistant, durable, but extremely light and flexible. However, as mentioned these cars are quite expensive and not much available on the market either. Because only professional mountain bikers or those who have the financial resources dare to spend money for this bike.
If you still want to buy a good and quality men's mountain bike that has the same good features as a titanium frame with a cheaper price then we recommend the Royce Union RCF Carbon Mountain Bike with a frame made of carbon, it is impact resistant and lighter than steel frames. While the prices of these bicycles are not cheap either, they are well worth it.
Warranty will give you more peace of mind and save more money in case your car breaks down. Besides, if there is a warranty when your car is accidentally damaged by an accident, you are also partly supported. Depending on the brand and the distributor, sports bicycles will have different warranties but an average of 12-36 months. This will help you feel more secure if there is any problem with the bike during use. For example, Men's Mountain Bike Hardtail with Wheels with one year warranty included for your peace of mind.
1. Should I buy an old mountain bike?
When you want to buy second-hand mountain bikes it's usually to save money. There are also a lot of used mountain bikes being resold for cheaper prices than new ones but the quality is also relatively good. However, not only mountain bicycles but almost all of the items we will always face a lot of risks when buying used, especially for those who are not really knowledgeable about the product.
Therefore, new mountain bikes are considered as a safe solution for those who are not specialized in the range of mountain bikes. You can look for new but affordable mountain bikes like the BalanceFrom-Youth and Adult Mountain Bikes for just over $ 200.
2. Should I buy a 26-inch wheeled sports bike or a 29-inch wheel?
As mentioned above. The 26 inch men's mountain bike is very popular in the market. With its versatility and easy-to-find spare parts, the 26-inch men's mountain bikes for the average build. Today, however, it seems that the 29-inch men's mountain bike is gradually taking over off-road, helping you go through more difficult terrain. And of course, prices will also be a bit more expensive than the 26-inch mountain bike. If you say which one to choose, it will depend on your criteria. However, we still recommend investing in a 29-inch men's mountain bike like the Eurobike 29in X9 3 Spoke Wheel Mountain Bike.
3. Should I buy a mountain bike for fitness ?
For those who want to cycle for sport, a road bike will be the best fit. However, if you like the style and the aggressive design of a mountain bike, then it's perfectly fine to practice sport. Mountain bikes are a variety of models, mountain bikes can ride any type of terrain from plain to rugged mountain slope, from smooth roads to muddy dirt roads or gravel. However, due to its design to be able to travel on all types of terrain, mountain bikes are quite heavy, for those with a heavy bodyweight who want to practice and lose weight, mountain bikes can also be an option but with low weight, people should not choose a mountain bike for exercise purposes.
The right mountain bike for your workout is the Viribus Adult Mountain Bike with 26-inch wheels and aluminum alloy making it lightweight and flexible for your bike ride. practice to have a healthy body.
4. What good brand to buy a mountain bike?
Perhaps this is the question that most people have in mind when looking for their first mountain bike. This question is really too wide and difficult to answer which is the best brand, but we can refer to some brands like Viribus, the feature of the previous one is low price, many bike segments, for example, Men's Mountain Bike Hardtail. Or you can refer to the bike Mongoos brand. The cars of this brand are diverse, of good quality, and very modern in design. A typical example is the Mongoose Salvo Adult Trail Mountain Bike.
5. Are costumes and accessories necessary?
Cycling in comfortable clothing and accessories will help you pedal faster and more efficiently, especially, accessories such as baga, fenders, water bottles, or helmets will help you on all trips.
- Clothes: Starting with choosing clothes that make you more comfortable and confident: color, material, size are the things you need to care about. Choose clothes with cushioning that easily help relieve shocks or simply go long on the route that makes the pelvis become numb.
- Helmets: When in traffic on the road or any terrain, we will not know what will happen in advance, so wearing a helmet while cycling is not redundant.
- Hand and foot protection: In many cases, walking on the road if you are not handled well, you may fall, protecting your feet and hands will help you to reduce contact on the road surface.
Mountain biking has now become an indispensable hobby of many people, especially young people. Mountain bikes not only help you conquer new paths that challenge yourself but also help you improve your health. We have given you some information on men’s mountain bikes above. Now we will recap and highlight two of the best names.
The first is the Schwinn Traxion Mountain Bike, Full Dual Suspension with 24-speed Shimano EZ Fire paddles and Shimano front and rear shift paddles for easy and smooth shifts. Additionally, it features lightweight and sturdy ultra-wide
- 13 Best Mens Mountain Bikes Under $1000 Consumer Ratings & Reports